Thursday, October 27, 2011
Texas Rangers’ manager Ron Washington memorialized on awesome pumpkin
Happy Halloween-slash-World-Series, y'all.
What you see on your right is the handiwork of serious Texas Rangers fan (and talented woman with a knife) Mary Catherine Burford. Tuesday at The Old Monk in Dallas, Burford carved Ron Washington's likeness into a pumpkin, and goshdarnit, it sure does look like our favorite baseball manager.
The pumpkin carving is part of The Monk's $13 Halloween deal good through October 31: Pay $13 and get a pumpkin, a carving kit, and a beer. Part of the money goes to the North Texas Food Bank. But can you beat Ron Washington in the round?
As we tune into Game 6 of the World Series Thursday night -- the night that the Texas Rangers could become first-time World Series champions -- Ron Washington The Pumpkin better be watching.
- Grab brunch with fierce ladies at drag event Sunday at DISH
- Looking for dinner and a game of bocce? Try Samar by Stephan Pyles
- Dallas Beer Kitchen promises "rare, hard to find" brews on Lowest Greenville
- Transit Bicycle Co. relocates to Lower Greenville
- Creepy rendering of Big Tex shows he's almost ready for the State Fair