Sunday, October 30, 2011 , Updated 2:48 p.m., October 31, 2011
UPDATED: Photo gallery: Taste of Greenville Avenue in Dallas (October 29)
Bacon on a stick. Enough said.
Taste of Greenville Avenue moved its location from Lower Greenville to Energy Square at University Boulevard and Greenville Avenue in Dallas this year, and the new digs afforded food samplers plenty of room to spare. Smells of food circled the air as crowds mingled from tent to tent.
Of the more than 40 vendors, The Grape carried the talked-about item: bacon on a stick. For $5, we sampled the deliciously thick piece of caramelized bacon. It definitely woke up the taste buds.
Emcee Mike Rogers of KRLD News Radio kept the crowd entertained.
The King Bucks closed out the night.
UPDATE: The King Bucks did not end up playing TOGA because of last-minute changes to the schedule, according to Avi Adelman, representing TOGA. The last band who played on Saturday night was Larry g(EE).
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?
- UPDATED: Burger place Becks Prime opens third Dallas restaurant
- Recipe: Komali's ceviche de pescado takes the cooking out of ... cooking
- Q-and-A: The Grape's Danyele McPherson flips leftovers into staff's main course