Friday, September 2, 2011
Video: SMU student reflects on father’s death on September 11, 2001
Find yourself a quiet place to watch this video.
DALLAS As we come upon September 11, the 10-year anniversary of the terrorist attacks in the U.S. on September 11, 2001, officials Southern Methodist University put together a thoughtful website which includes a video from a student whose father was killed in Tower 2 at the World Trade Center.
Christina Rancke was in seventh grade when it happened, living in New Jersey. She shares the heartbreaking story of searching hospitals for her father, later learning he had died in the attacks.
"Honoring that day is a great way to really help overcome what happened 10 years ago," she said. "9/11 really isn't forgotten. All those that died that day are continually remembered each year."
Find yourself a quiet place to watch this video:
SMU student recounts September 11, 2001
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?
- UPDATED: Burger place Becks Prime opens third Dallas restaurant
- Recipe: Komali's ceviche de pescado takes the cooking out of ... cooking
- Restaurant review: New Campuzano Mexican Food spices up the gayborhood