Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Scroll through photos of State Fair of Texas’ 2011 fried food finalists
You know you want to look.
In just a few short weeks, the State Fair of Texas will open to hungry crowds. Plenty of people will go for the concerts, the petting zoo, and the rides, but we're heading straight for the fried food lines.
The list of fried food finalists is the State Fair's biggest culinary moment, as it's the chefs' time to shine. What could top last year's fried beer or 2009's fried butter? This year, the "most creative" fried food was fried bubblegum. Fellow newcomer Buffalo Chicken in a Flapjack was named "best taste" this year.
Below are photos of those two frieds, plus the other six fried food finalists that are also worth your perusal. Is your mouth watering yet?
For a refresher on the surprises inside each of those golden fried babies, click here for the mouth-watering descriptions. And as you prepare yourself for a calorie-stocked day at the fair, consult this handy map to find your favorite frieds.
- Comedy recap: Raunchy Dustin Diamond sure isn't squeaky Screech Powers anymore
- Grab brunch with fierce ladies at drag event Sunday at DISH
- Looking for dinner and a game of bocce? Try Samar by Stephan Pyles
- Dallas Beer Kitchen promises "rare, hard to find" brews on Lowest Greenville
- Transit Bicycle Co. relocates to Lower Greenville