Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Wolfgang Puck hired as catering operator for new Perot Museum of Nature & Science
Sister division Restaurants Associates will operate the museum cafe.
DALLAS The Perot Museum of Nature & Science named Wolfgang Puck Catering as caterer of the space-age looking building going up in Victory Park. His sister organization Restaurant Associates will operate the museum café.
The museum, still under construction, won't open until 2013, but for those early planner types, they'll begin taking reservations on January 2 for weddings, receptions, and other special events.
There'll be two catering concepts on site:
- 1. Wolfgang Puck Catering for big events
- 2. the period-obsessed Real. Delicious. by Wolfgang Puck for events when full-service catering is not required
Restaurant Associates is one of the go-to museum catering companies, servicing Metropolitan Museum of Art, the National Gallery of Art, American Museum of Natural History, the Georgia Aquarium, Boston’s Museum of Science, New York’s Liberty Science Center and the Smithsonian Institutes National Museum of the American Indian, National Museum of American History, and National Museum of National History in Washington, DC.
This will give Dallasites a fifth opportunity to eat Wolfgang Puck food in downtown Dallas, as Wolfgang Puck does the cafe/catering at Nasher Center, AT&T Performing Arts Center, and Union Station, and then has Five Sixty, the restaurant atop Reunion Tower. It's starting to look like we really like Wolfgang Puck.
The release says that the menu at the Perot Museum will be "family-friendly" and include "local flavors" (which sounds like a clever way to say local produce without actually having to buy produce from Dallas), with menu items such as:
- Market salads sold by the ounce with ingredients such as corn, chanterelle mushroom, basil and truffle vinaigrette
- Pizzas with Texas-smoked tomato, fresh mozzarella and arugula
- Sides such as zucchini and smoked ham, and wild mushrooms with wheatberries
- Angus burger
- Chicken sandwich with smoked tomato jam
Kids menu items include chicken tenders, PB&J, and organic mac & cheese with a goldfish topping, accompanied by milk or juice box with whole fruit.
There'll be pre-prepared sandwiches and sushi; seasonal outdoor carts and concession stands; and theme menus that match the exhibits.
- Theater review: Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer at the Majestic is just plain phenomenal
- Theater review: Controversial and raunchy, The Most Fabulous Story Ever Told tries to find God
- Sir Elton John rockets to Dallas in March 2014
- Good timing: Ice skating rink opens Friday at Klyde Warren Park
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to