Monday, September 19, 2011
Bob Rheudasil, Flower Mound’s first mayor, dies at 80
Rheudasill became mayor in 1961.
Bob Rheudasil, a founding father of Flower Mound, passed away this morning at the age of 80.
Funeral arrangements are being made by Mulkey-Mason Funeral Home in Lewisville.
"Bob was 80 and one of the last real gentleman cowboys," said Rheudasil's son-in-law, Mark Glover.
"He came to Flower Mound when it was basically pasture, trees, and a few hundred people. Bob had the honor to help shape Flower Mound. He was proud to serve as the first Mayor and always said, 'I welcome you to Flower Mound as long as you welcome the next people to come'.”
The Cross Timbers Gazette last sat down with Rheudasil in 2010. Read the article here.
Pegasus News Content partner - The Cross Timbers Gazette
The Cross Timbers Gazette is a locally owned and operated newspaper established in 1979, serving the southern Denton County towns of Argyle, Bartonville, Copper Canyon, Double Oak, Flower Mound, Highland Village, Lantana and Robson Ranch.
- Flower Mound will hold open forum for town council and school board candidates on April 20
- Lewisville will hand out free anti-larval "dunks" to ward off West Nile Virus on April 4 and 5
- Men against domestic violence rally draws low numbers
- UPDATED: Large black dog lost in Lewisville has been found
- UPDATED: Pedestrians at fault for accident in Lewisville