Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Sylvia Rhodes Bradley enters Democratic Primary for Dallas County Commissioners Court
Bradley, who's challenging John Wiley Price, has run in a Democratic Primary before.
Sylvia Rhodes Bradley plans to challenge Commissioner John Wiley Price in the Democratic Primary Dallas County Commissioner in District 3.
In a July interview with Dallas South News, Bradley said she was planning to run as an independent. “The central core of the (Democratic) party is protected like a fort,” Bradley said in the interview, “There’s no limit to what they would do to protect the inner circle,” she added.
But in a recent conversation with Bradley, she said she’s been encouraged by some of the changes that are taking place among local Democrats. Bradley has run in a Democratic Primary before.
In 2010, she had an unsuccessful bid for Justice of the Peace which resulted in a lawsuit and allegations of unfair treatment by the party. While she wouldn’t go into details about her decision, Bradley seemed confident in her chances against the incumbent in the primary.
Pegasus News Content partner - Dallas South News
- Video: The Dram Bar Manager Jasin Burt divulges recipe for Smoking Herb Cocktail
- Erykah Badu headlines free July 26 concert in Dallas -- if you can get in
- Former Dogfish Head brewer will take reins as Deep Ellum's brewmaster
- Photos: Check out these pimped out rides from the Dallas Dub car show
- Breaking news: Frankie's sports bar in Uptown Dallas closed