Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Dickey’s in Flower Mound damaged by fire
The smoker may be to blame.
The Flower Mound Fire Department responded to a fire Tuesday morning at Dickey's Barbecue Pit, located in the 3300 block of Long Prairie Road.
Fire Chief Eric Metzger said a call was made at 6:19 a.m. to report a fire that appears to have started in the kitchen.
"Right now, we're looking at the smoker," Metzger said of the likely origin. "There was a lot of fire damage in the kitchen. The whole restaurant was smoked up, so it won't be habitable for a while."
There were no injuries reported in the fire.
Fire departments from Highland Village and Lewisville assisted in the fire.
"Once we got it opened up, the smoke cleared and we were able to see where the fire was," Metzger said.
Pegasus News Content partner - Star Local News
- Restaurant review: Seven Mile Cafe's numerous pancake options will blow you away
- Flower Mound boy admitted to sending bomb threat
- Dogs rescued from burning Flower Mound house
- Flower Mound Public Library's new app lets residents remotely search for titles
- UPDATED: Fire destroyed Flower Mound home Friday at noon