Monday, April 2, 2012 , Updated 12:00 a.m., April 7, 2012
Scarborough Renaissance Festival opens Saturday in Waxahachie
The family-friendly festival runs April 7 through May 28.
WAXAHACHIE Scarborough Renaissance Festival in Waxahachie opens its 32nd season on Saturday, April 7. The festival is a blast back to the 16th century, and visitors will be greeted by kings and queens, knights, jousters, and jesters.
Plenty of attendees wear costumes, but it isn't required.
The festival hosts special events each weekend:
- April 7 and 8: opening weekend with special Easter festivities including a 16th century church service Sunday at 12:30 p.m.
- April 14 and 15: Royal Ale festival
- April 21 and 22: Highland Fling weekend
- April 28 and 29: Treasures of the Realm Craft weekend
- May 5 and 6: is Cinco de Mayo weekend
- May 12 and 13: Mother's Day and Renaissance Romance weekend
- May 19 and 20: Pirate Invasion weekend
- May 26, 27 and May 28: Memorial Day and closing weekend
Scarborough is open April 7 – May 28 on Saturdays, Sundays, and Memorial Day Monday. Admission is $22 for adults and $8 for children, ages 5-12 (tax included) when purchased online. Admission at the gate is $24 for adults and $9 for children. Children age 4 and under are admitted free. Admission includes free parking.
Source: Scarborough Renaissance Festival
- Tune in Friday night to see Waxahachie haunt on The Dead Files
- Photos: Wenches, llamas, and more scenes of Scarborough Renaissance Festival
- Scarborough Renaissance Festival returns with mermaids, monarchs, and medieval mayhem
- 50 people get to see Sarah Jaffe and Will Johnson do solo shows in Waxahachie
- Pegasus Picks: July 14-17