Monday, April 2, 2012
Video and photos: Nick Cave’s Heard at the Nasher Sculpture Center (April 1)
Lots of children came out to hear and see the dancing Soundsuits.
DALLAS Entering to booming bass drums, artist Nick Cave's band of "Soundsuits" paraded near the Nasher Sculpture Center on Sunday. Cave and the dancing, pom-pom-like creatures also performed at the University of North Texas several days earlier. The herd of animals danced to tribal music in an art and dance installation Cave cleverly calls Heard.
Cave was a graduate student and UNT and said the performance was meant to pull people into a dream-like state. “It’s really about a very simple idea that gets the mind to sort of remove itself from its day-to-day regimen,” Cave said in a North Texas Daily article. “A moment where you’re here in this alternative experience.”
Nick Cave at the Nasher Sculpture Center in Dallas (April 1)
Here are photos of the mostly-young crowd admiring the performers:
- Video: Dirk honored in NBA Finals commercial
- Dogged pursuit of fun leads pet owners to Deep Ellum's Bark Park
- Theater review: DSM's glittering production of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert never "drags"
- Four Corners Brewery hosts Texas barbecue royalty on May 25
- Did you know Mary Suhm was a high school beauty queen in Beaumont? 10 things about her: