Thursday, April 5, 2012
Kroger collects spare change for tornado victims
They are also hosting donation sites on Thursday and Friday.
Kroger is hosting collection drives to raise money for tornado relief efforts in North Texas. Through April 30, 2012, shoppers can donate their spare change at the register, and the grocery chain will match customer donations up to $50,000.
All the donations collected will benefit the American Red Cross, according to a press release from Kroger.
Kroger will also host collection drives for displaced families and relief workers. They need:
- Non-perishable food
- Infant clothing
- Cleaning supplies
- Plastic tubes
- Work gloves
- Rubber boots
- Ice chests
- Bottled water
All collected items will be given to people in Arlington, Lancaster, and Forney.
Donation sites are:
Thursday, April 5, 2012 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Kroger, 5701 W. Pleasant Ridge in Arlington
- Kroger, 6650 N. Beach at Western Center Blvd. in Fort Worth
- Kroger, 2935 Ridge Road in Rockwall
- Kroger, 10677 E. NW Hwy. in Dallas
- Kroger, 17194 Preston at Campbell in Dallas
Friday, April 6, 2012 (6 a.m. – 10 a.m.)
- Kroger, 1001 N. Beckley in DeSoto
Posted by Sarah