Thursday, April 19, 2012
Troy Aikman’s house now on sale for only $14 million
The previous $24 million listing has been cut in two, with an $11 million lot as a separate listing.
Realtor.com noticed something I noticed recently: that Troy Aikman’s house is now listed for $14 million. Wow, you might say, he’s caving in and lowering the price. Wrong. Well, technically yes, he did lower the price but that’s because you now get less land in the deal. I have not heard officially from Allie Beth Allman, listing agent, but other agents tell me Troy lowered the price because he is selling the lot he acquired separately, carving that back out of the deal. Checking the ABA site, here it is: 4425 Highland Drive is listed for $14,000,000. 4419 Highland Drive is listed for $11, 500,000. In case I forgot zeros, those are millions and yes, the lot is dirt at $11,500,000. And I hear someone is mighty interested in that little piece of dirt, which is .90 acres in prime Highland Park; circling, in fact. That there lot is like looking at a 100 carat diamond!
I am so fascinated by how properties are stitched together and then ripped apart, just like the seams in the awful frocks I sewed in sewing class, yes SEWING CLASS! Parochial school made me take it; I wanted to take shop but this was prior to Title IX. Sigh. Only thing I sew today is wild oats in real estate reporting!
Pegasus News Content partner - Candy's Dirt
- Video: Dirk honored in NBA Finals commercial
- Dogged pursuit of fun leads pet owners to Deep Ellum's Bark Park
- Theater review: DSM's glittering production of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert never "drags"
- "Young and funky" wanted for television series filmed at Dallas' Good Records
- Brangelina release limited quantity of original rosé wine at Sigel's on Greenville