Thursday, April 26, 2012
Trader Joe’s in Fort Worth to open June 15
First store in Dallas-Fort Worth.
According to a release from the company, a branch in The Woodlands outside Houston will open the same day.
Trader Joe's started out as a wine and cheese store with a line of private-label gourmet foods, nuts, crackers, and frozen foods that have developed a cult following.
The closest Trader Joe's to Fort Worth, according to the FWST, is in Leadwood, Kan., 455 miles away.
The Fort Worth location is at 2701 S. Hulen Street, in the space that was once Dorian's Interior Designs. The store is already accepting applications Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. You get to wear Hawaiian shirts!
Alex Bentley contributed to this story.
- Photos: Trader Joe's comes to Texas with splashy opening in Fort Worth
- Grocery smackdown: Trader Joe's vs. other markets in Dallas-Fort Worth
- Lexicon of terms for the Trader Joe's newbie
- Why Trader Joe's coming to Dallas-Fort Worth is not another In-N-Out
- Whole Foods Market takes first pre-emptive strike at Trader Joe's
- Photos: Fort Worth Zoo welcomes two new animals
- Art review: Elvis at 21 delves into the puzzling nature of sex appeal, charisma, and intimacy
- Restaurant review: Food at Campisi's in Fort Worth tastes like the original
- Get it twisted: Indigo Yoga's summer challenge offers free classes, rewards
- Theater review: Explore the irony of human nature in Picnic at Sanders Theatre