Monday, April 30, 2012 , Updated 11:00 a.m., May 1, 2012
Photos: Real. Texas. Festival. in Mesquite featuring Pat Green (April 28)
Tens of thousands of people turned out.
MESQUITE Headliner and Texas country singer Pat Green brought in a big crowd to the Real. Texas. Festival. in Mesquite on Saturday. Green told the crowd Saturday night that more than 35,000 people had come to the festival. Jolie Holliday and Maren Morris, both from North Texas, also performed Saturday, plus about a dozen other musicians.
A family event, the Real. Texas. Festival. includes rides, fair food, contests, and, of course, the rodeo.
Festival organizers report that 30,000 people visited the event over two days. The attendance on Friday was 11,500, the biggest first-day crowd in the festival's six-year history.
Pegasus News Content partner - Arc Digital Photography
- Theater review: Mesquite troupe gives rough-around-the-edges performance of Steel Magnolias
- Tour historic Mesquite with four-legged friends at city's Bark in Park
- Mesquite Rodeo GM says infamous "Obama clown" could appear during closing weekend
- Mesquite police investigating 18-year-old who died in jail
- Mesquite tackles child hunger crisis with Lunch Buddies program