Monday, April 30, 2012 , Updated 11:00 a.m., May 1, 2012
Photos: Real. Texas. Festival. in Mesquite featuring Pat Green (April 28)
Tens of thousands of people turned out.
MESQUITE Headliner and Texas country singer Pat Green brought in a big crowd to the Real. Texas. Festival. in Mesquite on Saturday. Green told the crowd Saturday night that more than 35,000 people had come to the festival. Jolie Holliday and Maren Morris, both from North Texas, also performed Saturday, plus about a dozen other musicians.
A family event, the Real. Texas. Festival. includes rides, fair food, contests, and, of course, the rodeo.
Festival organizers report that 30,000 people visited the event over two days. The attendance on Friday was 11,500, the biggest first-day crowd in the festival's six-year history.
Pegasus News Content partner - Arc Digital Photography
- Theater review: Mesquite Community Theatre's The Secret Affairs of Mildred Wild is a fun, if uneven romp
- Taco Bueno unveils new design but won't fuss with the menu
- Theater review: Three sisters come to terms with betrayals in hysterical Crimes of the Heart
- Mesquite welcomes Pat Green and Kevin Fowler for 7th Annual Real Texas Festival
- Mesquite Arts Center shakes things up with new play, painting exhibition