Wednesday, August 1, 2012 , Updated 9:05 a.m., August 2, 2012
UPDATED: Chef “Teach” Sakurai will open fish market in West Dallas/Oak Cliff
It will be near an organic grocer and butcher & wine shop.
OAK CLIFF Chef Teiichi “Teach” Sakurai of Dallas restaurants Tei-An, Tei Tei, and Teppo will open a fresh fish market at Sylvan | Thirty. (Who's betting his fish market starts with a T?) The under-construction development Sylvan | Thirty is in West Dallas and North Oak Cliff and will include Pearl Cup Coffee and several other specialty food stores.
According to the development company, Sakurai's shop will be connected to the building with Cox Farms Market, an organic grocer; and Matador Meat & Wine, a butcher and wine shop.
“Teiichi’s fish market is a great fit for what we’re creating at Sylvan | Thirty — a central shopping hub of the West Dallas and North Oak Cliff neighborhoods," said Brent Jackson, president of Sylvan | Thirty developer Oaxaca Interests, in a statement.
Future tenants will be a baker, confectioner, and "three diverse restaurant concepts," according to press materials.
Sakurai has been nominated for several James Beard Awards.
UPDATE: The Advocate reports that Sylvan | Thirty will also have a yoga studio called Sync Yoga.
- Looking for dinner and a game of bocce? Try Samar by Stephan Pyles
- Photos: Dallas Heritage Village Charleston'd its way through history on Saturday
- First look: Read Contemporary shows obscure work by emerging Aboriginal artists
- Photos: Design District's artsy new vino retailer, The Wine Poste, opened grandly on Saturday
- Photos: Homegrown hopmasters debut new beers at Brew Riot in Oak Cliff