Friday, August 3, 2012
111-year-old Plano Victorian home now on the market
This is your chance to own a piece of Collin County history.
Plano’s “Roller House” was built in 1901 for E.J. Roller, one of the city’s founders.
You had me at “turret!”
Seriously, though, there is so much to love about this historic home in Plano, called The Roller House. There are five bedrooms, three bathrooms, and tons of details inside and out of this Queen Anne three-story!
The gorgeous staircase just takes your breath away. Much of the home has been renovated, but a lot of original details remain. Because of the home’s historic designation, one lucky buyer will save tons in property taxes.
There are such gorgeous finishes. The stained glass transoms really do it for me, as does the wraparound porch. There’s also a butler’s staircase just outside the kitchen.
Throughout the gourmet kitchen and inside the baths you’ll find granite, solid wood, and tile. And to add to the cozy factor, there are five fireplaces with intricately carved mantles. And there’s a turret! I love a good turret!
If you were to find a home like this inside the Dallas city limits, expect to pay somewhere in the neighborhood of $1 million-plus. This house, with all of the amazing features and outdoor areas, is only $499,900! What a deal!
Pegasus News Content partner - Candy's Dirt
- Cheap Trick, Kool and the Gang and Joan Jett to headline Wildflower fest in Richardson
- Theater review: Go see Out of Sterno in Rover Dramawerks' new Plano space
- Lockhart Smokehouse in Plano is open and smokin'
- Concert review: Willie Nelson keeps rolling, with Asleep at the Wheel joining him
- Theater review: Rehearsal for Murder! is a comedically griping case of whodunit