Thursday, August 9, 2012
Fort Worth chef Tim Love to compete on The Next Iron Chef
He goes against Food Network veterans like Amanda Freitag and Alex Guarnaschelli.
Could Fort Worth chef Tim Love be the next Iron Chef? He’s one of 10 chefs who will compete on The Next Iron Chef Season 5, which premieres Sunday, November 4.
Love has been on Food Network before, defeating Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto in 2007 on Iron Chef America after being given chiles as the secret ingredient. Love was also on Top Chef Masters on Bravo in 2009, and despite not winning, he seemed to have won over viewers with his "aw-shucks personality."
On the show, host Alton Brown will guide the chefs through the competition as they try to gain the rank of Iron Chef, held by Bobby Flay, Michael Symon, Geoffrey Zakarian, Morimoto, and others.
The Next Iron Chef contestants are:
- Nate Appleman (season two)
- Amanda Freitag (season two)
- Eric Greenspan (season two)
- Jehangir Mehta (season two)
- Elizabeth Falkner (The Next Iron Chef: Super Chefs)
- Alex Guarnaschelli (The Next Iron Chef: Super Chefs)
- Spike Mendelsohn (The Next Iron Chef: Super Chefs)
- Marcel Vigneron
The tenth contestant will be the winner of an online competition. Tune into the season premiere at 8 p.m. Sunday, November 4 on Food Network.
Chef Love was unavailable for comment.
Shannon Sutlief contributed to this story.
- Salsa Limón opens artsy storefront across from Fort Worth Modern
- Theater review: Trinity Shakespeare Festival adds new twist to an old story in The Taming of the Shrew
- Theater review: Explore 1920s love and lust in Knock Me A Kiss at Jubilee Theater
- Photos: Fort Worth residents Rock the River at lively outdoor event
- Theater review: Fool for Love is a complicated love story propelled by great acting