Thursday, August 9, 2012
Fort Worth chef Tim Love to compete on The Next Iron Chef
He goes against Food Network veterans like Amanda Freitag and Alex Guarnaschelli.
Could Fort Worth chef Tim Love be the next Iron Chef? He’s one of 10 chefs who will compete on The Next Iron Chef Season 5, which premieres Sunday, November 4.
Love has been on Food Network before, defeating Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto in 2007 on Iron Chef America after being given chiles as the secret ingredient. Love was also on Top Chef Masters on Bravo in 2009, and despite not winning, he seemed to have won over viewers with his "aw-shucks personality."
On the show, host Alton Brown will guide the chefs through the competition as they try to gain the rank of Iron Chef, held by Bobby Flay, Michael Symon, Geoffrey Zakarian, Morimoto, and others.
The Next Iron Chef contestants are:
- Nate Appleman (season two)
- Amanda Freitag (season two)
- Eric Greenspan (season two)
- Jehangir Mehta (season two)
- Elizabeth Falkner (The Next Iron Chef: Super Chefs)
- Alex Guarnaschelli (The Next Iron Chef: Super Chefs)
- Spike Mendelsohn (The Next Iron Chef: Super Chefs)
- Marcel Vigneron
The tenth contestant will be the winner of an online competition. Tune into the season premiere at 8 p.m. Sunday, November 4 on Food Network.
Chef Love was unavailable for comment.
Shannon Sutlief contributed to this story.
- Theater review: Woman in Black keeps audiences on edge
- Jack FM hosts beer, bourbon and barbecue festival in Fort Worth
- Amon Carter acquires "destination" portrait by American painter John Singer Sargent
- Theater review: Circle Theatre mounts a shocking and absurdly funny Exit, Pursued by a Bear
- South Korean transplant expands “Seoul-searching” dance group to Dallas