Friday, August 10, 2012
New food truck from Chef Tim Love to open in Fort Worth
The "Big Purple Truck" will park at TCU on weekdays and for home football games.
TCU will open a food truck in August that will be outside the library from the early lunch hours to right before dinner, said Michael Dahl, director of operations for Market Square.
“We’re going to open simple, keep it fun, and let it grow into what it’s going to be from there,” Dahl said.
The idea for the food truck came about late one night in a brainstorming session and took off from there, Dahl said. Since then, TCU hired Evan Jacobson, a recent Penn State grad, solely to help with the truck operation.
The exact location for the truck has not been determined, but it will be a Monday-through-Friday feature outside the the library and at all the home football games, Dahl said.
Campus Cash and Frog Bucks will be accepted at the truck as long as it’s on the east side of campus, Dahl said. The truck won’t accept Campus Cash or Frog Bucks at the football games due to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard.
The truck has two serving windows and plenty of storage for fresh food, Dahl said. The truck will also have a flat screen placed on the outside and will play music during strategic times.
The truck was purchased in the middle of May and was driven back to TCU from California, Dahl said.
“We still have a lot of work to do, but it’s close,” Dahl said.
Pegasus News Content partner - TCU 360
- Theater review: Stage West's Stones in his Pockets brings high-energy laughs
- Get it twisted: Indigo Yoga's summer challenge offers free classes, rewards
- Theater review: Explore the irony of human nature in Picnic at Sanders Theatre
- Grind so fine: "Fort Worthy" Rodeo Goat's freshly ground, all-natural fare is plate-licking good
- Fort Worth's Firestone & Robertson Distilling Co. wins awards for original Texas whiskey