Friday, August 10, 2012
Photos: Temporary beer garden sprung up in downtown Dallas Thursday
A happy hour will take place somewhere in downtown Dallas every Thursday in August. The location is a surprise.
DOWNTOWN DALLAS Thursday at 5 p.m., a smattering of 9-to-5ers gathered in downtown Dallas' Pegasus Plaza for an impromptu after-work party. It was the first in a series, where a beer garden will pop up somewhere in downtown Dallas every Thursday in August. The location is disclosed 24 hours before the event, giving the party a bit of allure.
The event was created to inspire "little interventions that create centers of activity" in downtown Dallas, said Kourtny Garrett, senior vice president of Downtown Dallas, Inc. Craft beer is available for purchase, and of-age attendees have permission to drink in the designated area.
"We’re literally going to put a bar in a downtown park," said Garrett. "There’s a secondary goal of promoting the surrounding businesses. By drawing people to our parks … they’ll also discover the City Taverns and the Dallas Fish Markets of downtown Dallas."
To find out where next week's pop-up bar is, click here.
- Transit Bicycle Co. relocates to Lower Greenville
- Creepy rendering of Big Tex shows he's almost ready for the State Fair
- Photos: Dallas Heritage Village Charleston'd its way through history on Saturday
- First look: Read Contemporary shows obscure work by emerging Aboriginal artists
- Photos: Design District's artsy new vino retailer, The Wine Poste, opened grandly on Saturday