Friday, August 10, 2012
Photos: Temporary beer garden sprung up in downtown Dallas Thursday
A happy hour will take place somewhere in downtown Dallas every Thursday in August. The location is a surprise.
DOWNTOWN DALLAS Thursday at 5 p.m., a smattering of 9-to-5ers gathered in downtown Dallas' Pegasus Plaza for an impromptu after-work party. It was the first in a series, where a beer garden will pop up somewhere in downtown Dallas every Thursday in August. The location is disclosed 24 hours before the event, giving the party a bit of allure.
The event was created to inspire "little interventions that create centers of activity" in downtown Dallas, said Kourtny Garrett, senior vice president of Downtown Dallas, Inc. Craft beer is available for purchase, and of-age attendees have permission to drink in the designated area.
"We’re literally going to put a bar in a downtown park," said Garrett. "There’s a secondary goal of promoting the surrounding businesses. By drawing people to our parks … they’ll also discover the City Taverns and the Dallas Fish Markets of downtown Dallas."
To find out where next week's pop-up bar is, click here.
- Remember the Bud Light Hotel in Dallas at Super Bowl? It's back for Final Four
- Neil Young returns to the Meyerson in April
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July