Monday, August 13, 2012
New Pooch Hotel is nicer than most hotels for humans
At the Richardson luxe hotel, your pup can get a paw-dicure.
RICHARDSON Look out, well-to-do dog owners, a new luxury dog hotel has opened in D-FW. Richardson’s Pooch Hotel “brings 5-star luxury and pampering,” according to its press release. So I had to check out the glamorous treatment these pooches receive.
Pooch Hotel offers your usual doggy daycare ($25/day) but also includes boarding in standard, “presidential” and “palace” suites. The presidential and palace suites include bedding, televisions — channels are set to Dog TV, a digital channel that aims to “stimulate, entertain, relax and habituate dogs” — and webcams for owners who want to check on their beloved canines. The palace suite will set you back $85 a night; it’s $65 a night for the presidential suite.
Pets can also be treated to the Pooch Hotel’s “Spaw,” which includes aromatherapy bathing and massage, paw-dicures, Poochberry facials, and tooth brushing. The hotel also has a treadmill for dogs who want need physical activity, as well as lessons for the pups who don’t yet know how to use them.
There are large areas for indoor play to avoid overheating outside, and an employee is watching over the dogs at all times. The hotel is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Pooch Hotel had a soft opening last Friday, but this weekend is the grand opening, featuring free paw-dicures. (Get it?) For more information, visit their website.
- Photos: Animal House moviegoers pull out paddles during Alamo Drafthouse showing
- Theater review: Richardson Theatre Center presents well-performed Witness for the Prosecution
- Photos: Peep the Alamo Drafthouse menu, plus see pics of the interior
- First look: Shiny new Alamo Drafthouse in Richardson hosts premiere of The World's End
- Recipe: Try a vibrant curry from Bambu in Richardson