Tuesday, August 14, 2012
Listen: Kelly Clarkson cheers on Dallas Cowboys with new single “Get Up”
The track will get stuck in your head until the next Cowboys game.
Hometown singer Kelly Clarkson is repping for the Lone Star state once again. The Burleson pop star released a single on Monday titled "Get Up (A Cowboys Anthem)" in honor of America's team, the Dallas Cowboys. She worked it into her seemingly busy schedule, as she's in the middle of a co-headlining tour with The Fray.
"When you're born in Fort Worth, you come out of the womb loving the Cowboys," she told USA Today.
The song is one of many performances she has pulled out for the 'Boys: She sang the national anthem at the 2006 Thanksgiving game between the Cowboys and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and performed the halftime show at the 2007 Thanksgiving game between the Cowboys and the Jets.
With its loud-and-proud kickoff and cheerleader tempo, "Get Up" is a true anthem, destined to make Cowboys fans boisterous. (Especially after their 3-0 preseason win against the Oakland Raiders on Monday.)
The catchy track is being promoted through Pepsi, along with anthems by Kid Rock, Ice Cube, Wiz Khalifa, and Travie McCoy for the upcoming NFL season. Listen to the track below, or go to Pepsianthems.com to download the spirited song for free.
- UPDATEDx2: George Strait may end farewell tour at AT&T Stadium in Arlington June 7, 2014
- Jerry World sets sights global rodeo domination
- UT-Arlington will exhibit rare JFK photographs
- Really? The video screen at Jerry World is a "breathtakingly bad" idea?
- Are you ready for some football? Dallas Cowboys' kick off in free-to-the-public practice