Tuesday, August 14, 2012
Listen: Kelly Clarkson cheers on Dallas Cowboys with new single “Get Up”
The track will get stuck in your head until the next Cowboys game.
Hometown singer Kelly Clarkson is repping for the Lone Star state once again. The Burleson pop star released a single on Monday titled "Get Up (A Cowboys Anthem)" in honor of America's team, the Dallas Cowboys. She worked it into her seemingly busy schedule, as she's in the middle of a co-headlining tour with The Fray.
"When you're born in Fort Worth, you come out of the womb loving the Cowboys," she told USA Today.
The song is one of many performances she has pulled out for the 'Boys: She sang the national anthem at the 2006 Thanksgiving game between the Cowboys and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and performed the halftime show at the 2007 Thanksgiving game between the Cowboys and the Jets.
With its loud-and-proud kickoff and cheerleader tempo, "Get Up" is a true anthem, destined to make Cowboys fans boisterous. (Especially after their 3-0 preseason win against the Oakland Raiders on Monday.)
The catchy track is being promoted through Pepsi, along with anthems by Kid Rock, Ice Cube, Wiz Khalifa, and Travie McCoy for the upcoming NFL season. Listen to the track below, or go to Pepsianthems.com to download the spirited song for free.
- Texas SkyScreamer opens May 25 at Six Flags Over Texas
- Free music fest in Arlington features Polyphonic Spree, Sarah Jaffe Memorial Day weekend
- Photos: Cowboys Cheerleaders strut in final rounds of auditions
- Video: Look inside the Dallas Cowboys cheerleader tryouts
- Photos: See a chaps-wearing Pit Bull, a wiener dog dressed as a Boomstick