Wednesday, August 15, 2012
Tickets now on sale for the Anthony Bourdain/Eric Ripert romp in Fort Worth
They'll do a Q-and-A with the audience. That should be interesting.
FORT WORTH Famed chef, best-selling author, and TV host Anthony Bourdain is coming to town in November for his “Guts and Glory” tour, and he’s bringing another world-renowned chef-and-TV star with him: Le Bernadin’s Eric Ripert.
Bourdain, author of Kitchen Confidential and host of the Travel Channel show No Reservations, will appear November 9 at Bass Hall. Tickets are on sale now.
So what kind of show does an author/chef/TV host put on? The press release says we can except: “candid, often hysterical insights about his life’s work and travels, including an open question and answer session with the audience.”
The Fort Worth show is just one of the two on the tour that will feature Ripert, Bourdain’s “friendly nemesis” (the press release’s words, not ours) in what is being billed as “Good vs. Evil.” We’re not sure exactly what that means, but it sounds like fun.
Ripert, in addition to being chef/co-owner of Le Bernardin, is the host of PBS’s Emmy Award-winning Avec Eric and is a frequent guest judge on Bravo’s Top Chef. Bourdain has also served as a Top Chef guest judge.
As if Bourdain doesn’t have enough to occupy his time, he has two new shows coming up in 2013, according to the press release: The Taste, a cooking competition series for ABC, and a docu-series for CNN.
- Theater review: Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer at the Majestic is just plain phenomenal
- Theater review: Controversial and raunchy, The Most Fabulous Story Ever Told tries to find God
- Sir Elton John rockets to Dallas in March 2014
- Good timing: Ice skating rink opens Friday at Klyde Warren Park
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas