Thursday, August 16, 2012
Sneak preview: Torchy’s on SMU Boulevard serves damn good tacos
If the quality of the fare and service on display is maintained, there will be no problems here.
DALLAS Torchy’s Tacos, Austin’s favorite specialty taco brand and home of the Dirty Sanchez, is putting the fire to the feet of local uber-chain, Fuzzy’s Taco Shop. And, I, for one, am happy about it.
There’s much to like about the Torchy’s Tacos near Southern Methodist University, which held a preview party Wednesday night and had its grand opening Thursday morning. The restaurant is down the street from SMU, it’s got a cool fast-casual design, is the first Torchy’s outpost to serve cocktails called Firewater, and, of course, it has “Damn Good Tacos.”
Nevertheless, if the quality of the fare and service on display last night is maintained, there will be no problems here, only damn good tacos. That is, if the obnoxiously loud DJ was a one-time thing.
Check out photos from the sneak peek-and-eat fiesta.
Pegasus News Content partner - Taco Trail
- Paleo-inspired restaurant HG Sply Co. opens May 21 on Lower Greenville
- "Young and funky" wanted for television series filmed at Dallas' Good Records
- Brangelina release limited quantity of original rosé wine at Sigel's on Greenville
- Photos: Lumen Hotel adds swank artwork by Dallas-based artists
- Tech-savvy: 4 of the coolest gadgets in the Bush Presidential Center