Thursday, August 16, 2012
Sneak preview: Torchy’s on SMU Boulevard serves damn good tacos
If the quality of the fare and service on display is maintained, there will be no problems here.
DALLAS Torchy’s Tacos, Austin’s favorite specialty taco brand and home of the Dirty Sanchez, is putting the fire to the feet of local uber-chain, Fuzzy’s Taco Shop. And, I, for one, am happy about it.
There’s much to like about the Torchy’s Tacos near Southern Methodist University, which held a preview party Wednesday night and had its grand opening Thursday morning. The restaurant is down the street from SMU, it’s got a cool fast-casual design, is the first Torchy’s outpost to serve cocktails called Firewater, and, of course, it has “Damn Good Tacos.”
Nevertheless, if the quality of the fare and service on display last night is maintained, there will be no problems here, only damn good tacos. That is, if the obnoxiously loud DJ was a one-time thing.
Check out photos from the sneak peek-and-eat fiesta.
Pegasus News Content partner - Taco Trail
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- New growler shop in East Dallas begins filling Lone Star suds today
- Komali and Salum in Uptown have a new executive chef
- Photos: Beer sales have made SMU's Moody Coliseum way, way more fun
- Seafood restaurant Palapas opens on Greenville Ave with two big patios