Friday, August 17, 2012
Baby giraffe at Fort Worth Zoo already measures 6 feet tall
Tatu will more than double in height.
FORT WORTH The Fort Worth Zoo welcomes a new baby – a giraffe named Tatu who is already 6 feet tall. Tatu was born July 29, 2012, and weighs 165 pounds. When fully grown, Tatu will weigh 2,600 pounds and grow to 15 feet tall.
She is the third calf of mom giraffe Kala.
Tatu can be seen at the zoo in the African Savannah, where there are four females and one male giraffe in the habitat, plus some black rhinos.
- Photos: Fort Worth Zoo welcomes two new animals
- Art review: Elvis at 21 delves into the puzzling nature of sex appeal, charisma, and intimacy
- Theater review: Stage West's Stones in his Pockets brings high-energy laughs
- Totally RAWsome photos of WWE Raw in Fort Worth
- Video: Throwback drive-in movie theater now open in Fort Worth