Friday, August 17, 2012
Baby giraffe at Fort Worth Zoo already measures 6 feet tall
Tatu will more than double in height.
FORT WORTH The Fort Worth Zoo welcomes a new baby – a giraffe named Tatu who is already 6 feet tall. Tatu was born July 29, 2012, and weighs 165 pounds. When fully grown, Tatu will weigh 2,600 pounds and grow to 15 feet tall.
She is the third calf of mom giraffe Kala.
Tatu can be seen at the zoo in the African Savannah, where there are four females and one male giraffe in the habitat, plus some black rhinos.
- Theater review: Woman in Black keeps audiences on edge
- Jack FM hosts beer, bourbon and barbecue festival in Fort Worth
- Amon Carter acquires "destination" portrait by American painter John Singer Sargent
- Theater review: Circle Theatre mounts a shocking and absurdly funny Exit, Pursued by a Bear
- South Korean transplant expands “Seoul-searching” dance group to Dallas