Monday, August 20, 2012 , Updated 9:00 a.m., August 30, 2012
Spooky drag queen Sharon Needles comes to Dallas August 30
While many performers in the drag community focus on glitz and glam, Needles goes for goth.
DALLAS The Dallas nightlife scene is about to get a bit more spooky and a lot more fabulous. RuPaul’s Drag Race reigning queen Sharon Needles will be visiting Dallas for what we can assume will be a night with plenty of fun.
As you may have noticed, Needles is not your typical drag queen. While many performers in the drag community focus on glitz and glam, Aaron Coady’s approach is a little different. Coady, the man and the mind behind the makeup, has developed a look that is shocking and a little darker than most but still carries the dedication that goes into being a superstar in the drag realm. In looks, she may come across as a mix between Amanda Lepore and Marylin Manson, but there is a lot more to Needles than just a face. Needles knows how to press the right buttons to entertain.
Also, if you want to embody Needles' look either for Halloween or for a fun night with friends, head to the “tacky overpriced crap” section of her site where you will find two masks that will help you accomplish the look. The $75 masks show two of Needles’ most notorious looks: Spooky and Beautiful.
- Looking for dinner and a game of bocce? Try Samar by Stephan Pyles
- Dallas Beer Kitchen promises "rare, hard to find" brews on Lowest Greenville
- Transit Bicycle Co. relocates to Lower Greenville
- Creepy rendering of Big Tex shows he's almost ready for the State Fair
- Photos: Dallas Heritage Village Charleston'd its way through history on Saturday