Wednesday, August 22, 2012 , Updated 6:00 a.m., August 31, 2012
Spend a slice of your Saturday sampling Dallas’ best pizzas
It's $40 per person and takes place Saturday, September 1.
DALLAS My last meal — if given the choice — may well be pizza. And what goes better with pizza than chilled, frothy beer? If this tempts your taste buds, then here’s my suggestion for a perfect way to spend a Saturday afternoon — on a relaxing, private bus tour that combines the winning combo and takes you on some of the hot, local pizza spots around town. Beer will flow freely onboard the bus between stops, or you can sip on water or soda, if you prefer.
Steven Doyle of CraveDFW.com will be your guide du jour, offering insights about Dallas’ food scene while leading the way to some of his favorite haunts. Restaurant stops include Dough Pizzeria Napoletana, Fireside Pies, Pizza by Marco, and Chicago Street Pizza, where you can sample thin crust to deep dish and everything in between. The tour is offered by Dallas Bites, an off-shoot of Dallas by Chocolate, a food tour company owned by Jeanine Stevens that specializes in out-of-the-ordinary culinary finds in the Dallas area.
Here’s the not-so-skinny: The tour takes place on Saturday, September 1 from 2:15 to 5:15 p.m. $40 per person. Reservations are required; call by noon on Thursday, August 30 and mention Eats Blog for $5 off. 972-442-6963. dallasbychocolate.com.
See more stories in:
- Paleo-inspired restaurant HG Sply Co. opens May 21 on Lower Greenville
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra maestro is selling Ritz home for $2.9 million
- "Young and funky" wanted for television series filmed at Dallas' Good Records
- Brangelina release limited quantity of original rosé wine at Sigel's on Greenville
- Photos: Lumen Hotel adds swank artwork by Dallas-based artists