Friday, August 24, 2012
The best malls in Dallas-Fort Worth: NorthPark is a heavy favorite
We shopped, we dropped. Here are your best bets if you need some retail therapy.
The Dallas-Fort Worth area has a thriving legacy as a shopping destination. We Dallasites have so many options to choose from in our shopping bubble, it can be a bit overwhelming. So we wanted to give readers an inside look at our area malls. We picked the biggest, best and most popular malls to review so we could find out what makes each one different.
We stayed away from outlet malls (except Grapevine Mills) and smaller shopping centers (sorry, Highland Park Village) so we could give you a nice, compact list. Check out all the reviews below by staff writer Maelyn Schramm, and rate each mall to let us know what you think.
- NorthPark Center: The destination for serious and celebrity shoppers, terrible parking
- Town East Mall: A relaxed vibe, but not really your go-to mall for anything
- Galleria: The perfect indoor spot to explore, but it's not very family-oriented
- Stonebriar Centre: Can entertain for hours, good for children and families, but also noisy
- Parks at Arlington: An overcrowded entertainment destination
- Firewheel Town Center: Outdoor mall doesn't have the annoying and creepy vendors that other malls have
- Grapevine Mills: Are the shops grungy and the crowds sketchy?