Friday, August 24, 2012
Check out photos of Allen High’s $60 million football stadium
Does a high school really need a $60 million stadium?
ALLEN A nearly $60 million high school football stadium in North Texas has opened with a pep rally and introduction of the 2012 team.
Voters in 2009 approved a $119 million bond package that included the 18,000-seat high-tech stadium. The venue replaces a 14,000 seat complex in the community about 20 miles northeast of Dallas.
The new stadium has artificial turf, a two-tier press box, and a towering video scoreboard.
Classes begin Monday at Allen High School, which last year had enrollment of nearly 4,000.
- Allen's first brewery slated to open mid-2014
- Bring your Jedi dogs to Petco in Allen for Star Wars party this Saturday
- Allen Performing Arts Center will host Dallas Symphony on September 5
- Restaurant review: Come to Papa Lopez for decent Mexican food, charming atmosphere
- Allen's newest park features fitness equipment for adults