Friday, August 24, 2012
Country singer Randy Travis in trouble again, cited for assault
Travis got in the middle of an argument between a woman and her estranged husband.
PLANO Police in suburban Dallas say they're citing country star Randy Travis for simple assault after he got involved in a couple's argument.
Plano police Officer David Tilley said Friday that a woman and her estranged husband were arguing Thursday night in a church parking lot. He says Travis apparently knows the woman and got involved.
Tilley says nobody was hurt, but Travis and another woman were ticketed for simple assault, a Class C misdemeanor similar to a parking citation.
A Travis representative didn't immediately comment.
Travis was arrested August 7 in Grayson County on charges of driving while intoxicated and retaliation or obstruction, for allegedly threatening officers. He was arrested in February in Sanger for public intoxication.
The police report does not indicate alcohol was involved in the latest incident.
- No one injured in Plano house fire Thursday morning
- Plano dance studio turns lessons into performance art
- Center for special needs adults moves to new facility in Plano
- Two years after fire, Plano sports bar Austin Avenue will be rebuilt
- Katy Trail Ice House Outpost in Plano is open, with beer specials this week