Friday, August 24, 2012
Trader Joe’s in Plano opens September 7
PLANO According to the Trader Joe's website, the Plano store at Park Boulevard and Preston Road will open September 7. It will be the second Trader Joe's in the DFW area, following a wave of excitement around the opening of DFW's first -- the Fort Worth store -- in June.
The entry of Trader Joe's into the Dallas-Fort Worth market was exceptionally exciting for fans of the California-based chain. Pegasus News explained in June, "Trader Joe's is a specialty food store, smaller than a regular grocery, with a high-quality selection that extends from the wine-and-cheese it began with in the '70s to include the pastries, dried fruit, nuts, health foods, and frozen goods it stocks today." They have specially-named items like Two-Buck Chuck and Joe-Joes; get hip with the TJ's lingo here.
A third Trader Joe's in DFW is slated to open first quarter 2013 on Lower Greenville in Dallas. The fourth, at U.S. 75 and Walnut Hill Lane in Dallas, is scheduled for 2014. Outside North Texas, a Trader Joe's in The Woodlands -- near Houston -- is already open. Stores in Austin, San Antonio, and two in Houston are scheduled for the future.
Hat tip to Eat Style Dallas.
- North Texas' second Dee Lincoln burger bar to open in Plano this April
- UPDATED: Italian restaurant Battuto is looking for a new chef
- Plano resident sues neighbor for hosting synagogue services in his house
- Theater review: Do yourself a favor and go see Edges
- UPDATED: Eatzi's in West Plano opens September 20