Sunday, August 26, 2012
Photos: Journey, Pat Benatar, and Loverboy kept it classic at Gexa in Dallas
Journey's lead singer Arnel Pineda was a good stand in for ex-lead singer Steve Perry.
DALLAS Let's go back to the '80s, if only for a night. Loverboy, Pat Benatar, and Journey did just that at Gexa Energy Pavilion in Dallas on Saturday. Loverboy started it off with some of their biggest hits -- now classified as "oldies but goodies."
A little while later, the lights dimmed, and Benatar made an entrance to a standing ovation. She told fans they had been making music 34 years together, and she and Neil Giraldo had just celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary.
Journey hit the stage, and lead singer Arnel Pineda's voice matched that of ex-lead singer Steve Perry's. As crowds of all ages sang along, the lights of cell phones and lighters could be seen flickering throughout the crowd.
Here are highlights from the rockin' show:
Pegasus News Content partner - Arc Digital Photography
See more stories in:
- Dogged pursuit of fun leads pet owners to Deep Ellum's Bark Park
- Theater review: DSM's glittering production of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert never "drags"
- Did you know Mary Suhm was a high school beauty queen in Beaumont? 10 things about her:
- Dallas-based Pecan Lodge is Texas Monthly's second-best barbecue joint, sort of
- "Young and funky" wanted for television series filmed at Dallas' Good Records