Sunday, August 26, 2012
Randy Travis’ truck found abandoned in Frisco field
Travis' lawyer said one of his ranch hands was using the truck.
FRISCO A truck registered to country singer Randy Travis has been found tipped over and abandoned in a Texas field.
The Dallas Morning News reports the truck was found Saturday morning in a field behind a Walmart Neighborhood Market in Frisco.
Police say they are investigating but haven't yet been able to talk to Travis.
Travis' lawyer, Larry Friedman, says a ranch hand was using the truck and Travis will follow up to find out how it ended up in the field. Friedman says Travis rarely uses the truck himself.
The truck was found less than two days after Plano police said they cited Travis for simple assault related to an argument in a church parking lot.
Travis has been arrested twice this year on alcohol-related charges.
- UPDATED: Pan-Latin restaurant called Mexican Sugar in Plano is open
- UPDATED: DFW's second East Hampton Sandwich Co. to open at Shops at Legacy November 6
- Parked car causes early morning house fire in Frisco
- FC Dallas partners with Plano Symphony Orchestra to bring family-friendly fun to Frisco
- Frisco High School adds auditorium and gym courts in $20 million renovation