Monday, August 27, 2012 , Updated 9:00 a.m., October 25, 2012
SNL funnyman Seth Meyers to speak for free at UT Arlington in November
You'll want to get tickets in advance.
ARLINGTON You could see Seth Meyers, Saturday Night Live's star of the funny news segment Weekend Update, for free this November. He's performing at the University of Texas at Arlington's glitzy new College Park Center, which has played host to other top-level talent like hip-hop star Drake when the facility opened in spring 2012.
Meyers is part of UTA's five-speaker series. The titles of each speaker series make them sound snoozy, but look past that and consider the subjects: a Sports Illustrated editor, an astronaut, and comedian Meyers, to name a few.
Tickets are free and open to the public, though you'll want to grab tickets in advance. Tickets become available October 25, 2012 for Meyers' show on November 19, 2012.
- "Journalism: Sports and Beyond" with Frank Deford, senior contributing writer of Sports Illustrated: September 25, 2012 in Texas Hall
- "An Insider's View of Washington, D.C." with Cokie Roberts, political analyst for ABC News: October 4, 2012 in Texas Hall
- "An Evening With Seth Meyers," actor and comedian: November 19, 2012 in College Park Center
- "Endeavoring to Build a Better America" with Mark Kelly, astronaut, retired Navy captain, and guy with an awesome 'stache: February 19, 2013 in Texas Hall
- "100 Heartbeats: A Global Movement" with Jeff Corwin, host of the Animal Planet show The Jeff Corwin Experience: March 27, 2013 in College Park Center
In the past, the speaker series has attracted Earvin “Magic” Johnson, the late Sally Ride, Bill Nye, Ben and Jerry (the ice cream makers), and Emmitt Smith.
Find dates tickets go on sale here.
- Anderson Cooper talks war, being gay and Real Housewives at UT-Arlington
- 11 worst stadium names, in honor of Globe Life Park
- New name for Texas Rangers' ballpark: Globe Life Park in Arlington
- Male Yorkshire Terrier found in Grand Prairie
- Theater review: Four women go soul-searching in Italy in Enchanted April