Thursday, August 30, 2012 , Updated 10:00 a.m., September 28, 2012
Basic animal rescue training (BARC) available September 29
Sometimes things get ruff. Get this information meow before you need it.
FARMERS BRANCH Animal Rescue Corps will be conducting a BARC (Basic Animal Rescue Course) in the DFW area on September 29. Animal rescuers are invited to join the experienced Animal Rescue Corps team for a fun and informative day of practical training and certification. You’ll learn about the structure of emergency response and gain the invaluable knowledge and skills you’ll need to aid animals in natural and man-made disasters, large-scale cruelty cases, puppy mill busts, and more.
Topics will include animal handling, investigations, logistics, intake, emergency shelter, volunteer management, and more. The training will be held at Restoration Church, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, September 29, 2012. Registration is $65 before September 14 or $75 after. Lunch will be provided by Spiral Diner and Bakery.
Space is limited. Visit the Animal Rescue Corps website today to register.
Pegasus News Content partner - DFW Animal Rescue
- Six Texas schools shuttered, including Honors Academy in Farmers Branch
- Want to buy Dallas ISD superintendent Mike Miles' home? You'll need $800,000
- Restaurant review: Snuffer's Addison takes a veggie burger bow
- Firefighters battle paper fire in 100-degree weather
- Theater review: Accompany a father on a journey between religion and culture in Fiddler on the Roof