Thursday, August 30, 2012 , Updated 10:00 a.m., September 28, 2012
Basic animal rescue training (BARC) available September 29
Sometimes things get ruff. Get this information meow before you need it.
FARMERS BRANCH Animal Rescue Corps will be conducting a BARC (Basic Animal Rescue Course) in the DFW area on September 29. Animal rescuers are invited to join the experienced Animal Rescue Corps team for a fun and informative day of practical training and certification. You’ll learn about the structure of emergency response and gain the invaluable knowledge and skills you’ll need to aid animals in natural and man-made disasters, large-scale cruelty cases, puppy mill busts, and more.
Topics will include animal handling, investigations, logistics, intake, emergency shelter, volunteer management, and more. The training will be held at Restoration Church, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, September 29, 2012. Registration is $65 before September 14 or $75 after. Lunch will be provided by Spiral Diner and Bakery.
Space is limited. Visit the Animal Rescue Corps website today to register.
Pegasus News Content partner - DFW Animal Rescue
- Dallas yogis stretch to live dubstep at "Glow-ga" rave
- No game: Dallas has the second lowest amount of sex in the U.S.
- Theater review: Firehouse Theatre's production of Nunsense was low-energy, mangled nonsense
- Man gets life term for killing 10-year-old in Carrollton
- R.L. Turner students back in class after bomb scare