Saturday, December 1, 2012
Photos: Walk to the Park lured businesspeople and families to Dallas’ newest green space
We sampled a burger from Relish, one of a half-dozen food trucks at the park.
DOWNTOWN DALLAS On Friday, we invited downtown dwellers and businesspeople to take an hour or so midday to walk to Klyde Warren Park, just for fun. The event, sponsored by The Dallas Morning News, which owns Pegasus News, included food trucks, performances by local bands Larry g(EE) and The King Bucks, and even a Dachshund dressed like Santa.
The casual atmosphere was a mix of kids and 9-to-5ers, plus a few dogs, like the Bloodhound rescue dogs contentedly drooling as hundreds came up to pet them. The Townview Magnet Center Marching Band walked people into the park in dramatic fashion to kick off the afternoon.
Walk to the Park was our way to celebrate the new green space and invite our neighbors to join us. We'll see you there next time.
Photos by David Woo
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger