Saturday, December 1, 2012
Photos: Walk to the Park lured businesspeople and families to Dallas’ newest green space
We sampled a burger from Relish, one of a half-dozen food trucks at the park.
DOWNTOWN DALLAS On Friday, we invited downtown dwellers and businesspeople to take an hour or so midday to walk to Klyde Warren Park, just for fun. The event, sponsored by The Dallas Morning News, which owns Pegasus News, included food trucks, performances by local bands Larry g(EE) and The King Bucks, and even a Dachshund dressed like Santa.
The casual atmosphere was a mix of kids and 9-to-5ers, plus a few dogs, like the Bloodhound rescue dogs contentedly drooling as hundreds came up to pet them. The Townview Magnet Center Marching Band walked people into the park in dramatic fashion to kick off the afternoon.
Walk to the Park was our way to celebrate the new green space and invite our neighbors to join us. We'll see you there next time.
Photos by David Woo
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy