Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Rocker-photographer Bryan Adams brings celebrity photos to Dallas gallery
He's snapped photos of Victoria Beckham, Lindsay Lohan, Amy Winehouse, and many more.
DALLAS Rock singer Bryan Adams, who had huge '80s and '90s hits with “Summer of ’69″ and “Heaven” (among many, many others), isn’t just a singer. He’s also a highly regarded photographer, shooting portraits of friends and colleagues in the entertainment world.
Adams has published a retrospective, Exposed, and press release on Tuesday announced that he’s embarking on a three-city tour exhibiting 46 images from that book, kicking off at Dallas’ Goss-Michael Foundation.
An invitation-only opening reception from will be held the evening of Monday, December 17. It opens to the public December 18 and will run through February 8, 2013, and it will be free. The tour is also stopping in Oklahoma City and Marfa, Texas.
According to the release, some of the portraits in the exhibition include stars such as Victoria Beckham, Lindsay Lohan, Amy Winehouse, Mickey Rourke, Lana Del Rey, Pink, Mick Jagger, Sean Penn, and Queen Elizabeth II.
- Photos: Dallas Heritage Village Charleston'd its way through history on Saturday
- First look: Read Contemporary shows obscure work by emerging Aboriginal artists
- Photos: Design District's artsy new vino retailer, The Wine Poste, opened grandly on Saturday
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra maestro is selling Ritz home for $2.9 million
- Comedy review: Hilarious men of Whose Live Anyway? heckle Dallas with raunchy improv