Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Rocker-photographer Bryan Adams brings celebrity photos to Dallas gallery
He's snapped photos of Victoria Beckham, Lindsay Lohan, Amy Winehouse, and many more.
DALLAS Rock singer Bryan Adams, who had huge '80s and '90s hits with “Summer of ’69″ and “Heaven” (among many, many others), isn’t just a singer. He’s also a highly regarded photographer, shooting portraits of friends and colleagues in the entertainment world.
Adams has published a retrospective, Exposed, and press release on Tuesday announced that he’s embarking on a three-city tour exhibiting 46 images from that book, kicking off at Dallas’ Goss-Michael Foundation.
An invitation-only opening reception from will be held the evening of Monday, December 17. It opens to the public December 18 and will run through February 8, 2013, and it will be free. The tour is also stopping in Oklahoma City and Marfa, Texas.
According to the release, some of the portraits in the exhibition include stars such as Victoria Beckham, Lindsay Lohan, Amy Winehouse, Mickey Rourke, Lana Del Rey, Pink, Mick Jagger, Sean Penn, and Queen Elizabeth II.
- Remember the Bud Light Hotel in Dallas at Super Bowl? It's back for Final Four
- Neil Young returns to the Meyerson in April
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Concert review: Crowds go crazy for diamond-in-the-flesh Lorde in Dallas