Tuesday, December 4, 2012 , Updated 12:00 p.m., December 8, 2012
Map: Where not to drive Sunday during the Dallas Marathon
The race affects several neighborhoods of Dallas -- 26.2 miles of them, in fact -- so do your grocery shopping up North on Sunday.
DALLAS We love the Dallas Marathon (formerly Dallas White Rock Marathon) and the people who run it, but we do not love the traffic. On Sunday, December 9, steer clear of these parts of Dallas in the morning and afternoon:
Dallas Marathon Map DetoursDallas Marathon Web Map DETOURS
Race officials suggest that you "drive away from [the] course towards [the] nearest highway or indicated crossing." Which means: Just stay away.
- Good timing: Ice skating rink opens Friday at Klyde Warren Park
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre