Wednesday, December 5, 2012
Man wearing fake facial hair robs McKinney bank
He had a gun.
MCKINNEY Police are looking for a man who robbed a bank Tuesday morning in McKinney wearing a fake goatee.
Shortly after 10 a.m., police responded to an aggravated robbery at the Chase Bank in the 5100 block of Custer Road. Bank employees told police a man had entered the bank and demanded money from a teller while wielding a black, semi-automatic handgun, Deputy Chief Joe Ellenburg said.
The suspect fled the scene with an undetermined amount of cash before police arrived. He is believed to have fled south driving a newer-model black Volvo sedan.
Witnesses described the suspect as a white male in his late 20s or early 30s, standing about 5 feet 9 inches tall, with a slim build and medium-length brown hair. They said he was wearing what looked like a fake black goatee, as well as a light brown baseball cap, gray hooded sweatshirt, denim jeans, white tennis shoes, and glasses.
Police are asking for assistance in their investigation. Anyone with information about the robbery or suspect can contact Detective Paul Hardin at 972-547-2742.
Pegasus News Content partner - Star Local News
- Graffiti shut down McKinney's new skate park
- McKinney's new skate park wins over residents in first week open
- Photos: McKinney residents put new skate park to good use at grand opening
- McKinney Skate Park celebrates grand opening April 20
- First look: Every skill level welcome at McKinney's new skatepark