Friday, December 7, 2012
Austin’s Houndstooth Coffee heads to Lakewood
We're hounding them for more details.
DALLAS Sean Henry chose Austin for his first Houndstooth Coffee shop, but the prodigal son will show a little love to his native Dallas in early 2013. (We kid about the “prodigal” thing: We’re excited to import another piece of Austin Weirdness.)
The original Houndstooth opened in 2010 in the Rosedale neighborhood of Austin, and its second location is going into a 1,450 square foot space on the southeast corner of Skillman and Oram in the Lakewood neighborhood of Dallas. It’s the type of place that takes its craft way-seriously – serving an intentional, curated selection including Cuvee, Counter Culture, and Madcap – without taking everything else too seriously. The culture is about hospitality and conversation, pulling out the earbuds and pouring in the good stuff.
“We’re excited about hosting everyone who enters our doors ... We want to weave people closer to one another through the shared experience of a cup of coffee. A damn good cup of coffee,” Henry said in a statement.
Baristas are trained to educate guests and to locate and emphasize flavors that speak to an individual's particular taste. But, that’s not all. For those of us who love to ride a tweak/chill buzz wave, the shop also offers beer and wine lists with high-quality choices including Dogfish Head and Lagunitas. This could be a one-stop shrine to the craft-beverage gods. We'll know for sure when it opens "early 2013."
See more stories in:
- Paleo-inspired restaurant HG Sply Co. opens May 21 on Lower Greenville
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra maestro is selling Ritz home for $2.9 million
- Comedy review: Hilarious men of Whose Live Anyway? heckle Dallas with raunchy improv
- Dogged pursuit of fun leads pet owners to Deep Ellum's Bark Park
- Theater review: DSM's glittering production of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert never "drags"