Wednesday, December 12, 2012
Dallas Museum of Art painting to appear on a Forever stamp
Because art is forever.
DALLAS Soon you’ll be able to send a little bit of the local art scene on your mail. The Dallas Museum of Art’s “Razor” painting will be featured on a new Forever stamp scheduled to be released by the United States Postal Service early next year.
The 1924 Gerald Murphy work is one of a dozen featured in the “Modern Art in America” stamp collection, featuring art produced between 1913 and 1931. The stamp collection commemorates the 100th anniversary of the 1913 “Armory Show,” also known as the “International Exhibition of Modern Art.”
And, hey, you can go see the painting for free, starting January 21.
See more stories in:
- Remember the Bud Light Hotel in Dallas at Super Bowl? It's back for Final Four
- Neil Young returns to the Meyerson in April
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July