Thursday, December 13, 2012
Photos: Rangers spread holiday cheer to sick kids at Cook Children’s Hospital
It goes without saying that Josh Hamilton wasn't there.
FORT WORTH Donning Texas Rangers Santa hats, more than a dozen Rangers players and coaches visited Cook Children's Hospital on Thursday morning to bring presents to sick children.
Pitcher Derek Holland presented the hospital coordinator with books, games, and electronics, much to the kids' delight. The gifts will remain at the hospital for kids to play with. They were donated by the "just keep livin" foundation, a charity started by started by Camila and Matthew McConaughey to help kids. The Rangers Foundation partners with the charity.
Josh Hamilton, former Rangers slugger who reportedly signed with the Angels today, was not in attendance.
- Totally RAWsome photos of WWE Raw in Fort Worth
- Video: Throwback drive-in movie theater now open in Fort Worth
- Several DFW bands announced for Dia de los Toadies in Fort Worth
- Get it twisted: Indigo Yoga's summer challenge offers free classes, rewards
- Theater review: Technophiles must flock to Amphibian Stage Production's The Agony and the Ecstacy of Steve Jobs