Monday, December 17, 2012
Premiere of Dallas-based Best Funeral Ever delayed after Connecticut massacre
A tasteful choice.
TLC’s “Best Funeral Ever” Trailer
If your post-Christmas plans included cuddling up to TLC’s Best Funeral Ever, the backdoor pilot for a could-be series set at John Beckwith Jr.’s Golden Gate Funeral Home on South R.L. Thornton Freeway, there’s been a change of plans. The network that’s home to Sister Wives and Strange Sex and Long Island Medium and other titles that sound like Saturday Night Live sketches will now bow the special on January 6 at 9 p.m. Dallas time.
The Hollywood Reporter notes that the delay is “due to sensitivities surrounding the recent school shootings in Newtown, Conn.” A TLC spokesperson confirms this afternoon, telling The News that, yes, the network felt it would be a good idea to put some space between the funerals in Newtown and Golden Gate’s tinsel-tinged burials and “a State-Fair-themed home-going ceremony.”
- Video: Gorilla at Dallas Zoo scares the crap out of taunting kids
- UNT Dallas hopes to attract students with sports and housing
- Dallas police need more information about potential abduction Monday
- New UNT Dallas president plans to build on-campus housing, among other goals
- Ronald T. Brown appointed president of UNT Dallas