Thursday, December 20, 2012
10 up and coming musicians to keep an eye on in 2013
Don't forget about the cutie Carly from The X Factor.
The new year is approaching, and with a new year comes a whole new set of artists and musicians. A few young artists have already begun to make their mark in the music industry. These are just a few of the promising young talents that are guaranteed to make a rise in the upcoming months.
1. Dom Kennedy - Kennedy hails from California and is already a critically acclaimed artist on the West Coast. His first commercial studio album earned a spot in the top 10 releases on iTunes during its debut week. We expect a lot from Dom Kennedy in the upcoming year.
2. Luke James - Luke James is quickly rising to the top as the new year approaches, and you’ve probably heard a lot of his work without realizing it. James penned Chris Brown’s "Crawl," Justin Bieber’s "That Should Be Me," and Britney Spears’ "Kill the Lights." His song "I Want You" is nominated for a Grammy. With a Grammy nomination under his belt, James will no doubt leave a mark on the R&B scene.
3. Trinidad Jame$ - Trinidad Jame$ is the hottest southern rapper at the moment. And with a rumored $2 million deal with Deaf Jam Records, we can expect to see him a lot more in the future.
4. Leah LaBelle - At the age of 17, Leah LaBelle came in 12th place on American Idol. After some YouTube fame and a stint as a back-up singer for Keri Hilson, LaBelle released her first album in June this year.
5. Ab-Soul - We can expect a lot of Ab-Soul in the year to come, who’s signed with other rising artists like Kendrick Lamar. His album Control System was released exclusively on iTunes and made it to Billboard’s top 200 chart.
6. Action Bronson - This New York native got his start as a gourmet chef before entering the rap scene. He has collaborated with Ghostface Killah and Termanology, and got his first record deal this past August. I expect an album or two in 2013.
7. Dawn Richards - Former member of Danity Kane, Richard has recently embarked on a solo career after leaving Bad Boy Records. She plans to release a trilogy of albums, starting with her debut GoldenHeart in January.
8. Schoolboy Q - Schoolboy Q is a member a Black Hippy along with Ab-Soul. His independent album Habits and Contradictions made Billboard’s top 200 list. He plans to release his major debut album within the coming year.
9. Tamar Braxton - Former member of The Braxtons, Tamar intends to release a solo album Love and War in February. Also keep an eye out for her on your television. WEtv’s Tamar and Vince was one of the hottest reality tv shows of 2012.
10. Carly Rose Sonenclar - Carly made a huge impression when she auditioned for the X-Factor with a jaw-dropping rendition of "Feeling Good." Carly is a powerhouse and will no doubt sky-rocket into stardom.
Pegasus News Content partner - soso Active