Thursday, December 20, 2012
DFW Airport gets fancy with III Forks in Terminal D
You'll find most of III Forks' meat-n-potatoes dishes on the menu.
DFW INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT Dining at DFW International Airport just got a whole lot more upscale. A III Forks opened at Terminal D this week, the brand's first airport location.
III Forks will serve an abridged version of the normal menu. But will it be a place to linger for three-hour meals like the non-airport locations? Yes and no. "It's really hard to replicate that kind of atmosphere in an airport," said David Magana, spokesperson for the airport. "It's a different space, but it's a very nice space." He anticipates both a come-and-go crowd as well as individuals who linger.
III Forks joins about 30 other restaurants in Terminal D, with cuisines that range from fast food to Italian to American.
Also new to DFW Airport are Teavana (Terminal A), Cantina Laredo (Terminal D), and The Salt Lick Bar-B-Que (Terminal A -- opening next week).
- Small chance of snow in DFW on Monday night
- Video: Tour the 777-300ER -- a plane with personal TVs and desks
- UPDATED: Actress Ashley Olsen's plane grounded in DFW after "electrical odor"
- Creepy dating site says DFW Airport is one of the best
- Glenn Beck said treatment on American Airlines flight made him feel "subhuman"