Monday, December 31, 2012
Opinion: Texas’ uninsured children indicative of deeper moral crisis
The character of a people can be measured in the way they value their children.
Eight percent of children in the U. S. have no health insurance coverage. That compares to Texas with 14% of its children uninsured.
Here's the harsh reality:
- Fannin County (Bonham): 16.3% uninsured children
- Collin County (McKinney, one of the wealthiest areas in the nation): 16.7% uninsured
- Denton County (Denton): 17.4% uninsured
- Grayson County (Sherman): 19.1% of children have no health coverage
- Cooke County (Gainesville): almost 1/4 of children with no coverage at 23.9%
The character of a people must include some measure of just how much they value their children, all of their children.
We can do better.
Pegasus News Content partner - Urban Daily