Wednesday, February 1, 2012
Photos: Preview of Wednesday’s Chinese New Year dinner at Five Sixty
Five courses with Wolfgang Puck.
Wolfgang Puck returns to Dallas on Wednesday to officiate at a Chinese New Year Dinner at Five Sixty, with five courses that represent the Chinese elements: Metal, Water, Wood, Fire, and Earth.
Puck's last visit was in November; he comes just infrequently enough that it becomes a special occasion.
The restaurant hosted a preview for eight-or-so food bloggers, broken into two tables, with two people splitting dishes between them. Even a half portion was filling. Five Sixty chef Patton Robertson offered his disclaimer that not all of the dishes presented -- Wok-Fired Dumplings with XO Chili Sauce, Roasted Loup de Mer, Apple Wood Smoked Peking Duck, and Szechuan Pepper Crusted Filet -- were guaranteed to be on the dinner, depending on Puck's whim.
If you miss Wolfgang, the Chinese New Year menu will available through Friday night, for $125 per person.
- Looking for dinner and a game of bocce? Try Samar by Stephan Pyles
- Creepy rendering of Big Tex shows he's almost ready for the State Fair
- Photos: Dallas Heritage Village Charleston'd its way through history on Saturday
- First look: Read Contemporary shows obscure work by emerging Aboriginal artists
- Photos: Design District's artsy new vino retailer, The Wine Poste, opened grandly on Saturday