Wednesday, February 1, 2012
Photos: Preview of Wednesday’s Chinese New Year dinner at Five Sixty
Five courses with Wolfgang Puck.
Wolfgang Puck returns to Dallas on Wednesday to officiate at a Chinese New Year Dinner at Five Sixty, with five courses that represent the Chinese elements: Metal, Water, Wood, Fire, and Earth.
Puck's last visit was in November; he comes just infrequently enough that it becomes a special occasion.
The restaurant hosted a preview for eight-or-so food bloggers, broken into two tables, with two people splitting dishes between them. Even a half portion was filling. Five Sixty chef Patton Robertson offered his disclaimer that not all of the dishes presented -- Wok-Fired Dumplings with XO Chili Sauce, Roasted Loup de Mer, Apple Wood Smoked Peking Duck, and Szechuan Pepper Crusted Filet -- were guaranteed to be on the dinner, depending on Puck's whim.
If you miss Wolfgang, the Chinese New Year menu will available through Friday night, for $125 per person.
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day