Friday, February 3, 2012
Chocolatier Alan McClure coming to Dallas for Valentine’s Day events
The wine dinner is already sold out.
Chocolate maker Alan McClure, founder of Patric Chocolate, will be in Dallas on Valentine's Day for an unusual dining event at the Adolphus Hotel that'll incorporate chocolate and wine.
McClure will be joined by Stuart Henry, winemaker at Ravenswood Winery, to host an eclectic Valentine's Day dinner featuring pairings with Ravenswood wine.
- The Adolphus Hotel
1321 Commerce Street
Chocolate from Patric Chocolate will be used in both savory dishes -- venison with a chocolate demi -- and sweet: Cocoa Nib Chocolate Decadence. Henry and McClure will be on hand to discuss their crafts and explain the efforts they've taken to become so well-respected in their fields. The evening's mistress of ceremonies will be Dallas television journalist Jocelyn White.
McClure will also be part of Central Market's Chocolate Fest, along with a number of noted chocolate makers and chocolatiers. The line-up includes Alan McClure (Patric Chocolate), Katrina Markoff (Vosges Haut-Chocolat), Shawn Askinosie (Askinosie Chocolate), Bertil Akesson (Akesson's Fine Chocolates), Dave Owens (Bissinger's); plus local chocolatiers Dr. Sue and Andrea Pedraza (CocoAndré Chocolatier).
Posted by TG
- Grab brunch with fierce ladies at drag event Sunday at DISH
- Looking for dinner and a game of bocce? Try Samar by Stephan Pyles
- Dallas Beer Kitchen promises "rare, hard to find" brews on Lowest Greenville
- Transit Bicycle Co. relocates to Lower Greenville
- Creepy rendering of Big Tex shows he's almost ready for the State Fair