Thursday, February 9, 2012
French painting by Jean-Honoré Fragonard to be on display at Kimbell Art Museum
It's on loan to the Fort Worth museum March 11-June 17.
FORT WORTH French Rococo painter Jean-Honoré Fragonard's piece The Warrior will be on display at the Kimbell Art Museum March 11-June 17, 2012. The dramatic painting will be part of the exhibition The Age of Impressionism: Great French Paintings from the Clark and will be free to view.
“It will be prominently displayed with French Rococo paintings in the Kimbell’s permanent collection, which includes works by two other highly regarded artists of the era and Fragonard’s former teachers, Jean Siméon Chardin and François Boucher,” said the Kimbell’s director, Eric M. Lee.
The painting was loaned to the Kimbell by the Sterling and Francine Clark Art Institute.
The museum explains more about the painting:
Source: Kimbell Art Museum
See more stories in:
- Totally RAWsome photos of WWE Raw in Fort Worth
- Video: Throwback drive-in movie theater now open in Fort Worth
- Concert review: The Band Perry's tender lyrics were overpowered by loud music at Billy Bob's Texas
- Several DFW bands announced for Dia de los Toadies in Fort Worth
- Get it twisted: Indigo Yoga's summer challenge offers free classes, rewards