Monday, February 13, 2012 , Updated 4:12 p.m., February 15, 2012
UPDATED: Greenville Avenue St. Patrick’s Day parade will go on; here’s where you can park
At the Greenville Avenue St. Patrick's Day parade in Dallas this year, the map below shows the no parking zones on the M Streets. And there are many.
[UPDATE: The parade on Saturday, March 17 was $40,000 shy of necessary funds, but the Observer reports that Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban -- who threw a pretty darn good parade himself in 2011 -- gave a much-needed check to the Greeville Avenue Area Business Association to cover the $40,000 difference. He also pledged another $25,000. The parade will happen, folks.]
In the map below, red means no parking -- and a lot of the streets are marked red. If you don't live in the neighborhood, we'd suggest taking a cab or riding your bike. Remember friends, you can still get a DUI on a bicycle in the state of Texas.
No parking zones for Greenville Avenue St. Patrick's Day paradeNo parking zones for Greenville Avenue St. Patrick's Day parade
See more stories in:
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- New growler shop in East Dallas begins filling Lone Star suds today
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Komali and Salum in Uptown have a new executive chef
- Photos: Beer sales have made SMU's Moody Coliseum way, way more fun