Friday, February 17, 2012
Fish City Grill to close Henderson Avenue branch
Right on the heels of Horne & Dekker.
DALLAS Fish City Grill on Henderson Avenue will close this weekend; its last day is Sunday. Owners Bill and Lovett Bayne announced its imminent closure via an email to customers.
"Our last day will be Sunday," said a Fish City employee. "We're one of the longest running restaurants in this strip, but it never became profitable enough."
The company is looking around the area for alternative locations, possibly Lakewood, said Bill Bayne.
"We’re doing OK here but we just never could get ourselves to a sustainable level," he said. "I’m not going to blame it on the Henderson parking situation, but we were doing fine there. The no parking on the street seemed to change things. We went from profitable and building up sales to flat sales and a struggle."
But it's also not quite the perfect fit.
"We love this neighborhood, but it's just not the right neighborhood for this concept," he said. "We shall return. We're looking for a Lakewood location right now."
- Video: Dirk honored in NBA Finals commercial
- Dogged pursuit of fun leads pet owners to Deep Ellum's Bark Park
- Theater review: DSM's glittering production of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert never "drags"
- Did you know Mary Suhm was a high school beauty queen in Beaumont? 10 things about her:
- Dallas-based Pecan Lodge is Texas Monthly's second-best barbecue joint, sort of